01 August 2009

Separation

Since Tuesday night, SHE has been elsewhere. I put her on a plane with a family friend and sent her back East for 12 days (give or take, counting travel). I needed her to get away from here for a while because otherwise, with me working, SHE would find something bad to do.

But the departure was not without incident. I was not moving fast enough for her tastes as she wanted to go to a store to get something before she left. So, as is her wont, she decided she was going to take off on foot (to a store over five miles away, you must understand). I chased after her and the usual attack on her part commenced. Kicking and hitting and cussing me out. I admit--I went upside her head as I tried to fend off her attacks. She bit the hell out of me and left an ugly mark that still has not healed. I've been sick all week and I suspect it was from the bite as SHE hates to brush her teeth at home.

Yet, all I hear from people back home is what a sweetheart she is being. B.S.! The child is playing up to them because she likes the petting and the sympathy.

But--you know what? I miss her because she is MY child and, when she is not in one of her worse personas, she is someone I want to have around. Plus, I really do love her despite all the damages.

No comments:

Post a Comment